Pro Plus construction

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

PeteD

Pro Plus construction

Post by PeteD »

Can anyone please tell me what is plastic and what is aluminium on this machine. At our local Detroit Rockler store nobody knows much about these machines except apparantly Dick who was not there. The table is aluminum but what about the base. Is the router carriage all plastic and what about the peices on the side that travel the Y axis. Does anyone know if you can get the machine without the v-carve and cut 3d software as I already have the software. Thanks in advance. Pete in Canada

Tyrosbob

Re: Pro Plus construction

Post by Tyrosbob »

Hi Pete

Its basically bolted together HDPE plastic sheet but quite rigid and nicely machined. The aluminium bits on the gantry are just stiffeners. The slides are all hardened precision ground round bar on Thomson linear bearings. The bed is standard Rockler tee section - wonderful if you have an accident! Some forum members have beefed up the anchoring method using aluminium angle. About the cheapest metal unit I have come across would be Probotix. That might solve your software problem?

Take care

Bob

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

If you want to get a machine that is a modified package then what rockler has, you need to contact Next wave and we can quote it for you.

Thanks

Tim OWens
419 318-4822

PeteD

Post by PeteD »

Thanks Tim. I will give them a call. Pete