Introduced at IWF today: CNC Shark Pro Plus!

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

GNiessen

Re: Introduced at IWF today: CNC Shark Pro Plus!

Post by GNiessen »

I don't see any listing for the accuracy of the Pro Plus. How fine a step can it make in each axis?

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

According to the Rockler website

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=25376&tagem=rv

Resolution on the Pro Plus = control to 0.000125 inch

I would imagine that the actual accuracy and precsion that you achieve on any job will depend on your tool selection and cutting parameters.

Ed

al wolford

Post by al wolford »

The Shark PRO PLUS may contain a manual that refers to a fan in the controller with instructions not to run the system unless the fan is running. This is wrong the new controller does not require or contain a fan. Please disregard this caution.

MIKE ETTENHOFER

Post by MIKE ETTENHOFER »

I PURCHASED THE SHARK PRO SEVERAL MONTHS AGO AND THE FIRST THINGS I DID WAS MOUNT A LIMIT SWITCH OVER THE ROUTER TO SHUT OFF THE ROUTER ON COMPLETION OF A PROJECT. I ALSO MOUNTED (9) 24" ROCKLER "T" RAILS ON THE TABLE. I DID BOTH OF THESE MODS EVEN BEFOR PLUGING THE UNIT IN.
I'VE BEEN HAVING A BALL LEARNING SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY. I JUST CAME IN FROM THE SHOP AFTER BUILDING AN ENCLOSER OUT OF PLEXIGLASS WITH A HOOKUP FOR MY DUST COLLECTOR, THIS SHOULD HELP KEEP DOWN THE SAWDUST. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS AS I HAVE NOT PUT OVER THE UNIT YET.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Mike,

Be careful with plexglas enclosures the build high static charges. You should put a ground wire on each motor to help prevent high discharges that might damage electronics. Dust vac also can cause problems if they are not grounded.

peg_legs

Post by peg_legs »

I keep searching the net, I'm looking for a way to make the 24 hour day into 48 hours! I need more time to work with my "Pro"!

I know I'm kinda new to CNC, but not new to woodworking and have found my "Pro" to be new and interesting.
I hope the upgrade options for the "Pro" will be based on the purchase date and that the options list will be made
available soon.

Even if I am not able to upgrade my Pro I'm more than glad I made the purchase. I have some ideas on things I
would like to fix / change on my unit and some small changes I am going to make this weekend. I would like to
see or find a way to set the work surface leval with the router with out milling the work surface. I was sent an
email that addresses this need and it's part of my weekend tasks. I will let the forum know how it works.

Anyone thinking about buying a Shark, Shark Pro or a shark Pro+, do it! You will find the tech support super
and the added information on this forum to be fantastic!

fbrittain

Post by fbrittain »

Hi Guys and Gals, I have a shark pro and like it fine but naturally we all want more.I am wondering if the pro plus controllers and pro plus table can be used as an upgrade on the shark pro??? fbrittain

REG

Post by REG »

Hello all, I just placed my order for the Shark Pro Plus and joined the forum all in one day so I guess I am getting started off on the right foot. I've never done CNC but have done a number of "hand routered" projects so I am looking forward the the machine prescision side of woodworking.
I can get most any scrap wood I need since I have a brother that has a pro cabinet shop.

Since it seems like some Rockler or Shark folks are members in this forum, I would like to make the suggestion of having a digital library on the various Shark models online. Since most of us will be using laptops with WiFi, it would be pretty cool load the documents right onto the laptop from the internet.

Look forward to adding in my own expereinces - hopefully in the very near future.

Bobby

ffloyd

Post by ffloyd »

Lots of good information here. I am totally a nooby -- barely can spell CNC. Looking forward to delivery of my Shark Pro Plus.
Fred
Shark HD520, JTech Laser, 4thAxis
Aspire v11.5