load error : ERROR line 0 unable to open file

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Ausworkshop

load error : ERROR line 0 unable to open file

Post by Ausworkshop »

I recently updated the software for the cnc shark basic controller. I'm doing a few signs at the moment as I usually do and I notice that sometimes now i get this error (load error : ERROR line 0 unable to open file) it seems to only happen at random but whatever I do it won't open on that particular file.

For instance i am making a sign called 'Wal's Bar' and it starts to load the Wal's Bar.tap file then comes up with the error and won't load so I went back into Vcarve, opened the file then deleted the text and re saved the toolpath file as i normally do and it asked if I want to save over the existing and I click yes, then try again and it still won't work. So I opened vcarve and started a whole new job, I did everything the same (dimensions font etc) the only thing I did different was to save it as 'test' instead of 'Wal's bar' then I create the tap file and save it as 'test' then go to the cnc shark controller and this time it works. It happened to me last week when I was doing a batch of signs as well and I can't seem to figure out why it happens and what I do different to make it happen. I've been using the software for months and never had it before the recent update so i'm pretty sure it has something to do with it but I can't logically figure out what causes it.

Its very strange, especially when the tap files I created while Vcarve was open for the other signs before and after i did the 'Wal's Bar' tap file all work ok.
Any ideas would be appreciated as it is slowing me down a bit having to redo jobs whenever it happens.
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein

Kryptik

Re: load error : ERROR line 0 unable to open file

Post by Kryptik »

'ello

I thought it may be to do with the file name, I would never put an apostrophe in one (left over from the '80's :) )
I saved a couple of random files with Wal's Bar, and they loaded OK in the new control panel, so obviously not it.
This one is for NWA methinks

Cheers
Marc

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

Yea, I went into windows explorer and changed the named file 'test' back to Wal's Bar and it still worked so its nothing to do with the name. Just turned on my pc this morn to do one called Trevor's Shed and have the same problem so I really don't know what is causing it. Computers can be so un logical sometimes. I hate intermittent faults they are so hard to work out.
Albert Einstein

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

I tried a few times to load the file 'trevor's shed' and it still wouldn't load so I went into explorer and changed it to trevors shed without the apostrophe and it work straight away so I figured that it must cause an error if using an apostrophe when saving from vcarve. So this time I tried to recreate the problem and started with a whole new sign and made it exactly the same as the first one I tried, I saved the file as trevor's shed directly from vcarve but this time it worked straight away.

Its even harder to diagnose a problem when you can't re create the error. i'm really lost now. All I know is its slowing me down and i really would like to know whats going on.
Albert Einstein