Installing Updated PostP in 3D

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

cbhelms

Installing Updated PostP in 3D

Post by cbhelms »

Sorry folks, I am not computer smart; how do I install the updated postp in 3d. I've loaded them in the PostP folder in 3D but when I try to run the program small screens popup with problems on line 25 & 26. Run complete program then try to save in the correct PostP file it is not there, there are no files listed under CNCShark-USB NewArcs(inch) (*.tap) or any of the other 3 files. But when I look into the Cut 3D files by way of Computer/OS(C:)/Program files (x86)/Cut3D/PostP they are listed in this folder, but I can't get them to work. How do I do this? I have tried for 2 days to get this loaded. Thanks for your help.

Colin Helms
Charlotte, NC
Shark HD 5 Extended Bed, Aspire 10.514

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Installing Updated PostP in 3D

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Colin,

There is a difference in what Cut3D supports and what VCarve and Aspire support. So, a few lines from the 'latest' Shark post processors has to be removed in order for them to work without error using Cut3D.

See this post for the solution - http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1264

If this doesn't resolve your problem, let us know.

cbhelms

Post by cbhelms »

Joe,

I had tried this one the first time but I could not get it to work either. Now it worked, me and computers don't mix.
Thanks so much Joe.

Colin Helms

cbhelms

Post by cbhelms »

Joe,

Spoke too soon, got it to work on my office desktop computer but I can not get it to load on the laptop computer I use in the shop on the CNC SharkPro. I've tried several different ways to install it and it doesn't show up in Cut 3D when you want to save a cut file?

Thanks,
Colin