Mach3

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Barry

Mach3

Post by Barry »

Iam having a problem with mach3,I downloaded the special firmware did everything by the book but when I access mach3 the only thing that happens the readouts are the only thing that seems to work theres nothing from the motors I have the new controller with the shark pro plus

billb

Re: Mach3

Post by billb »

I have the Shark Pro Plus and am trying to get Mach3 working, with some sucess. After getting a patch for the NcPod within the Shark Controller and setting up Mach3 I can jog X, Y, Z to the 0.001 just fine.
Mach3 can kick on/off my router just fine.
I added limit switches to the Shark Pro Plus fairly easily using Radio Shack 275-1548 NC momentary pushbutton Switches and some 1/2 inch right angle aluminum bar stock. Mach3 reds these limit switches just fine.
Currently I am having trouble running a file and get no motor movement if a file is running but Jog works fine when the file stops.
The Tech Support folks at Mach3 and NcPod are looking into this for me this week. Once resolved I'll be in business.

fison

Post by fison »

I've got Mach3 installed and am able to jog my Shark Pro in all axis but I can't seem to get it to run a file. Can one of you Mach3 guys give me a hint as to what I need to do to get it running. I've tried a couple of the Mach3 Post Processor files but it acts like its moving the shark (e.g. the numbers for the axis change) but the machine just sits there. Normally I can figure this stuff out but right now I'm stumped.
Paul Fison
Tacoma, Washington, USA
(253) 925-0855

saramos

Post by saramos »

Any further information on getting the Mach 3 running would be great. I find the Shark Basic Panel to be too basic. I was considering going with Mach 3 to run my Shark but would like to see if you have gotten your problem resolved.
I like the limit switch idea too.

Scott

Messiah Guitars

Post by Messiah Guitars »

Have there been any updates to this thread that can be shared. I've purchased MAch 3, have it installed, did the firmware and nc-pod updates and can jog just fine.....but no response to running loaded G-code when i hit the "Cycle Start" button. I could be missing something though. Will keep searching the forum.........

REG

Post by REG »

I don't know if this will step on toes (Tim O.) going straight to the vendor for the ncPod (USB interface Motion Controller) but their site lends support for Mach3 and states that you must not install the Basic Control Panel USB driver for Mach3 http://ncpod.oemtech.com/. The site does provide Mach3 USB drivers for the ncPod.
This might already be known to most forum users testing Mach3 but felt it should be mentioned here for those new to experimenting with Mach3.

Bobby