Beginner: How to pause, shut down, and resume .tap file

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

surface_normal

Beginner: How to pause, shut down, and resume .tap file

Post by surface_normal »

Hi All,

Just received my HD500 last week and I'm relatively new to the cnc workflow.

I'm loading my tap files via usb thumb drive and controlling via the pendant.

I've run a few paths so far and decided to get a little more ambitious yesterday. Needless to say after I plugged in and started running the file, I realized it was going to take an unanticipated 6hrs to complete. (side question: how can I tell how long a file will take to complete without actually running it?)
At the 4.5 hr mark I noticed the axis motors, and to a lesser extent the control box, were getting hot so I paused and powered off the spindle. (I did not power off the control box) After about an hour i found that the motors hadn't cooled down at all and it almost seemed like it was getting even hotter.

I powdered down the the control box thinking, "there must be a way to pick things back up tomorrow." Alas after starting up this morning I'm not sure how to proceed. I've seen some discussion here on the topic but wondering if I screwed my self by not have "pause code" preloaded into my file.

I'd love to not have to scrap the 4.5 hours of work i did yesterday and start over. Any advice or just bad news?

Thanks,
Tom

Flabby40

Re: Beginner: How to pause, shut down, and resume .tap file

Post by Flabby40 »

Bring X,Y,Z axis back to program zero before shutting down the controller.