Spindle startup delay?

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

markjonesranger

Spindle startup delay?

Post by markjonesranger »

Since I updated to ver 11 (I think) I have noticed the router pauses to move at the start of a tool path. It looks like it's waiting a few seconds for the spindle to come up to speed. However I use a router and the delay is a waste of my time. Anyone have a fix for this?

markjonesranger

Re: Spindle startup delay?

Well I am a bit surprised. It's been a month since I posted this and no responses?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Bob

Post by Bob »

I'm a hobbyist, and not too concerned about the 4 second delay. As a result, I've not looked for any solutions.
This is not what you wanted, but it's a response.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

markjonesranger

Ok. I found this by stumbling over it. However this article doesn't fit the latest file syntax/formatting. I added this command to the file. Will see if it works.

https://nextwaveautomation.zendesk.com/ ... ssor-Delay

markjonesranger

I upgraded Vetric to 11 and noticed my router was delayed 8 seconds before it started moving to the cut. After a few months I got tired of this delay. The post processor for the Shark HD510 has several processor files listed. They all work just fine but the delay is no longer a problem when I switched back to the CNCShark USB Archs (inches).pp Post Processor file. The latest version had a nextwave (inches) that had the M04 (P8) set to delay that allows a spindle to get up to speed. My router doesn't need this time so it was annoying to me.

You can manually edit these files in Vcarve or just download and setup the right post processor file.

I think they would be better named
CNCSharkUSBRouter(Inches).pp for the router users.
CNCSharkUSBSpindle(Inches).pp for the spindle users.

for the Metric folk just change (inches) to (metric) this would be a better naming convention.
Thanks and have a great day with your CNC machine!