Firmware update to add this button.

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

markjonesranger

Firmware update to add this button.

Post by markjonesranger »

Please consider this option.

When running a toolpath on the pendant. Add one more button "Move to tooling area" and have the ability to add that coordinate to the setup.

For example I am using a jig board setup. I am working on 12 pieces of plywood that one at a time sit inside this jig and is held down for a toolpath(s) operation.

One this operation completes. It would be nice to hit this button to move the xy out of the way (I know Vectric has this in the toolpath setup but it would more coinvent if it was right here.) This would keep me from hitting a series of buttons to get out of the toolpath so I can jog the machine out of the way so I can take out the freshly cut work and put in a new piece to be cut.

I am making 12 puzzle dice boxes. Each one has about 30 parts that are being milled on the CNC. This would save me a bunch of pendant moves.

Thanks for a great product and looking forward to getting out into the shop today and working on those 300 plus parts... CNC makes it fun!

sharkcutup

Re: Firmware update to add this button.

Post by sharkcutup »

(I know Vectric has this in the toolpath setup but it would more coinvent if it was right here.)

Hello Mark,

As you said "you know" that Vectric has a Home Feature within there Material Setup. This Feature will Stop at the end of any g-code run at any location you assign it. I have used it on occasion. When I am ready to start another Toolpath I tap the number 5 key on my keyboard which returns the spindle to the XY Zero for start of the next toolpath and Z-Zero procedure. But granted most of the time I do not even use it. I have a set place in every project for all the toolpath Z-Zeroing procedures. And granted I do not have a pendant type CNC machine either but I have recently seen a Shark pendant and they are rather small in screen size so changing/resizing buttons to add another would be in my opinion be a bit crowded. Keep in mind that Not all human fingers are the same size either. :roll:

Give the Vectric Home Feature a go! Would like to hear/read your thoughts after.

Just some Thoughts,

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554