New to CNC

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ckbl

New to CNC

Post by ckbl »

I am new CNC and the software associated with CNC, I have created a very basic project in deltacad and imported into Vcarve, it is just a basic outline but the edge of the project needs to have an edge that is rounded over, I can't figure out how to write this into my design, can anyone piont me on the right direction.
Thanks Craig

Bob

Re: New to CNC

Post by Bob »

Craig,
Depending upon the design, there are several ways to round over an edge.
You could get one of these point cutting round over bits and do a profile cut on the area where it's needed.
I find this most useful on small parts, or in tight areas.
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite ... html#Point cutting round over anchor

You could also do the rounding over after the part is made by using a piloted round over bit in a hand held router. I do most of my round over work this way, because it's faster than creating another tool path and performing a tool change on the Shark. (Not all work has to be done on the cnc.)
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

ckbl

Re: New to CNC

Post by ckbl »

Thanks Bob for your reply it was very helpful. I will be making a large number of these items, that is why I wanted to get that into my design so i can have my shark do this part of the job. Thanks Craig