Transfer Fee

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

kfitzhenry

Transfer Fee

Post by kfitzhenry »

I purchased a used shark pro. It came with everything that came in the boxes. When I tried to register the software in my name I was told there would be a $50 transfer fee.
What are the groups opinions?

GARYR6

Re: Transfer Fee

Post by GARYR6 »

Transferring provides a discounted process for upgrading the software and assures support from Vectric. It the big scheme of what you are about to do, $50 bucks is not much. And although I am not a paid Vectric spokes person, the software rocks, is worth 10 times its value and if you don't make the $50 back in the first month cutting, then its a hobby and you should expect it to be expensive.
Spend the money, Vectric is worth it.

Buc

Post by Buc »

I started out with V-Carve pro V5 which came with my shark pro. 6 months later I decieded to upgrade to Aspire V2. Being that I was the registered owner of V-Carve pro I recieved a discount on the purchase price of Aspire. Not sure on the time frame, but when Vectric came out with Aspire v3, it was a free upgrade. Everyone I show my creations to think that I am a genius. It is not me, it is the Vectric software. More than likely when there is another new version of software, it will no doubt be discounted also. I have saved big bucks. I too am not a directly paid spokesman for the software, they do have discounts and free stuff.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Kryptik

Post by Kryptik »

I'm with Buc, I have the artistic talent of a Siamese racing mullet, but Vectric lets me get what I can see in my head onto wood or acrylic, and everyone thinks I'm a legend :)
We all have to pay our dues, it's a good investment.
$0.05...

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

When I bought my Pro Plus, I did not pay the transfer fee for version 5.5 and when version 6 came out it was free. I agree the software rocks, but I would try again before paying the money.

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

I don't think it is unreasonable at all. In fact, most software in this price range don't allow such a transfer and tell you that you'll have to buy it again. For $50, you're getting the full licensed copy and ownership rights (like support). Not bad for buying a used piece of software. Something you didn't expect, but good for Vectric to recognize that this situation may come up, and making it reasonable.