Syttende Mai

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
Eagle55

Re: Syttende Mai

Post by Eagle55 »

Bob wrote:
Rbrague wrote:UFFDA
Ya, ubetcha!
Just stumbled across this today and of course had to check it out. Due to my ignorance sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me. Found this explanation on Wikipedia.

Uff da is often used in the Pacific Northwest and Upper Midwest as a term for sensory overload. It can be used as an expression of surprise, astonishment, exhaustion, relief and sometimes dismay. For many, Uff da is an all-purpose expression with a variety of nuances, and covering a variety of situations. The expression has lost its original connotation, and it is increasingly difficult to specify what it means now in America. Within Scandinavian-American culture, Uff da frequently translates into: I am overwhelmed. It has become a mark of Scandinavian roots, particularly for people from North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, northern Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and enclaves in and around Seattle, Washington
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

lsvien

Post by lsvien »

My flotilla plus 6 more went out the door at Christmas time. Everyone was impressed and thankful and I saw my creations at more than one Christmas party. Thanks again Bob for such a fun project. There are even a couple in Norway now where all good viking ships should return. :)

Bob

Post by Bob »

Now that's impressive!
Thank you for the update.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)