24 inch x 24 inch test piece

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
iampapabear

24 inch x 24 inch test piece

Post by iampapabear »

This Aspire file is for a 24 inch x 24 inch test piece I ran. Just circles, squares and some text. I used it to get an idea of what a variety of feeds would produce on my Pro Plus HD.
Attachments
TEST 4.crv3d
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 568 times

tmerrill

Re: 24 inch x 24 inch test piece

Post by tmerrill »

The Quick Engraving toolpath is primarily intended for non-rotating drag type tools. For what you are doing here, try the Profile Toolpath with the On option selected and Cut Depth set to your 0.05". This will keep the point of your v-bit (or center of any bit) right on the vector. Also notice how the Profile-On toolpath provides more controls and options, such as Ramps, that can be valuable in certain situations.

Tim

iampapabear

Post by iampapabear »

I tried your suggestion this afternoon, made NO difference in quality or accuracy of the cut, none at all.

Still have no idea of just what is going on. Been trying every option I can think of. No joy.

tmerrill

Post by tmerrill »

made NO difference in quality or accuracy of the cut, none at all.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. There is no connection between my suggestion and the results you are seeing and I didn't intend to imply that there was.

My advice to anyone is to avoid using the Quick Engraving Toolpath unless you are using a drag type tool or dedicated engraving machine. Stay with the Profile Toolpath with all it's options and possibly the V-carve toolpath depending on what you are doing.

Tim

iampapabear

Post by iampapabear »

You were clear, and I appreciate the tip! :D

I was just commenting that I had tried the cut a different way in hopes of having something positive result with a change in toolpath, and had those hopes dashed against the rocks of reality once again. :x My growing frustrations with this problem may be coloring my attitude a bit. I hope it doesn't cause my communications to give offense, I sure don't mean any to anyone.

For a newbie who needs to learn all he can, I appreciate EVERY comment offering tips and help! :D

There are a lot of people on this forum who offer their expertise and assistance willingly and freely, I hope to joint their ranks one day if I can gather the expertise to do so. This was one of the big factors in my choice of machines/software to buy to jump into CNC with. A support community of creative, intelligent people willing to participate!

Thanks again to all!

Iampapabear