Birth Plaques

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
mchurchf

Re: Birth Plaques

Post by mchurchf »

Could you tell me what material was used for the plaque? I just bought the shark 3D and am in the process of learning. If it's not wood do i need a different type of vcarve bit? This seems overwhelming but I will get there in time. Thanks in advance.

Eagle55

Re: Birth Plaques

Post by Eagle55 »

mchurchf,
If you were talking about the birthday plaque that I posted it was made from DuPont Corian scraps from a large counter top sub-contractor who has large pieces of scraps from jobs. You don't need anything special bits, saw blades or anything. It cuts just like wood with the same tools. In fact it cuts better than wood and most jobs done with Corian are much easier completed than wood. Stick with the Shark, it is easy to learn and you will get there. Just a few concepts on how to get a job from mind to material and once you have a good grasp of the basic concepts you will be surprised how easy it is. Don't hesitate to ask a lot of questions here on the forum. You will be surprise at the level of skill and understanding that many have gotten the "hard way" and are willing to share. There are also many people that have some advance knowledge that can carry you as high as you want to go.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com