aggravation

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
gpeck

aggravation

Post by gpeck »

does any one have a sourse for the game aggravation vectors. ours is old and made of heavy cardboard,would like to make one out of wood? Thanks for any info..

sk8nmike

Re: aggravation

Post by sk8nmike »

This what you're looking for?
Aggravation.crv
(55.5 KiB) Downloaded 1604 times

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

Thanks , Just what I was looking for.

Bob

Post by Bob »

sk8nmike wrote:This what you're looking for?
Aggravation.crv
Thank you Mike,
I wasn't looking for it, but it's a great addition to my collection.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

I tried to run the tool path that sk8nmike posted on the forum for the first time today on the aggravation game, the router came on like it should, went stright down to the right depth and then made the hole bigger, came back out an did the same thing on the next hole. why does it go around and around and make the hole bigger? I'am useing .375 round nose bit and that is all the bigger I want the hole, instead i am getting hole that is .625 wide. Thanks fo any info.

regrant3

Post by regrant3 »

Hey everyone,

The same board is used for a game called Fast Track. I’ve made many of these for gifts before I got my Shark CNC using a plunge router and a template. So it was one of my first projects to try when I got my new Shark. Just thought I would share my version and the instructions for Fast Track.

Enjoy!

Roy
Attachments
Fastrack Board.crv
(455 KiB) Downloaded 921 times
Fastrack Board Game.bmp
Fast Track Rules Final.pdf
(399.7 KiB) Downloaded 816 times

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

Thanks everyone for the good info.

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

gpeck,

You had asked a question about why the holes came out to be 0.625 inch instead of 0.375. I noticed that no one answered your question and even though it was six months ago, I thought I'd take a shot at the answer.

When I looked at the Aggravation.crv file, it didn't have any tool paths defined so I think the problem is that you probably used a pocket path for the holes instead of a hole pattern. A pocket path would cause your 0.375 inch tool to travel around and around until it reached the 0.500 inch diameter of each of the holes in the file. If you want 0.375 inch holes, I suggest you select the hole pattern path, then select all of the holes in the file, set your depth and calculate. Using your 0.375 inch tool, you should get the 0.375 inch holes you're looking for. The hole pattern path ignores the diameter of the holes in the file and just uses the center so your 0.375 inch drill should work fine.

You probably figured this out months ago, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents anyway.

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

gpeck,

I forgot one other thing. If the tool you selected in the program for the pocket was a 0.250 inch bit, but the actual bit in your machine when you ran the file was a 0.375 inch bit, the diameter of the holes would measure 0.625 inch, just like you said they were.

Kevin