Plotter attachment

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
Schwierking

Plotter attachment

Post by Schwierking »

Hello everyone. I recently created a plotter attachment for my router that can be 3d printed. This attachment just clamps onto the vacuum attachment and utilized a screw to hold the pen or marker in place. There is no need to make any modifications to you machine. In the zip file I have attached the Autodesk Inventor files I created the parts in and the STL files you can use on any 3d printer to print your parts.

Enjoy.

V/R

Joe
Attachments
Plotter_hold.zip
Files for plotter
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 371 times
Set-up picture
Set-up picture

TAW

Re: Plotter attachment

Post by TAW »

ok I may look dumb after asking ----- I have to ask . What can/are you using the plotter for?
Are you setting the marker tip as x 0 and y 0 zero to draw patterns....????

Schwierking

Re: Plotter attachment

Post by Schwierking »

I set the marker tip as the tool and placed the paper top right as X0Y0Z0. Initially, I did it so that my kids can make awesome poster board presentations for school. I am also considering trying to utilize paint markers and see if I can have my machine paint the surface of my machined part. I suppose you could also use this to make large engineering drawings if you do not have a large printer.

I am sure you can think of many more uses if you think about it.

Regards,

Joe