family sign

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
Buc

family sign

Post by Buc »

I'll try one. Made this for the wife to put on family picture wall. Stained the wood first. After carving stained the carved sections darker to make the carving show up. You might want to play with the depth of carve. Hope this works. Sorry most of my things I do are copywritten 3D art using Aspire 3. Used VCP 5.5.

disclaimer: be careful...

Buc
Attachments
VCP5.5Family sign.zip
(674.52 KiB) Downloaded 803 times
family sign bmp
family sign bmp
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

jhale

Re: family sign

Post by jhale »

Beautiful work! I am curious as to the name of the font that you used...

Shaun

Buc

Post by Buc »

Shaun,

I don't know the name of the font. I googled family signs. Imported it as a bitmap, traced it and fit to vectors. Did not clean-up any of the vectors for the rougher look.
Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Of course font names are about a variable as sign sizes, but one name that this type style goes by is Papyrus. I happened to have worked with a store owner that used it as part of her "Logo". I looked all of my hundreds of typestyles over and couldn't find it but when she told me the name I went back to my computer and there it was. Very possible you might have it and be overlooking it. It is by design a slightly ragged look. I don't particularly like it but would use it in a heartbeat to meet a desired style. Ha ha if everyone liked what I liked the world would be boring :)

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com