Found something interesting about the controlbox

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Wolffie1

Found something interesting about the controlbox

Post by Wolffie1 »

I was cutting a piece that took a VERY long time.
As darkness fell, I paused the machine and left it sitting 'till next morning.
The laptop was sill running but I found the time counter had not paused and it now told me I had spent 20+ hours carving.
No problem just interesting.
When I clicked continue, the timer and row counter was stuck on the place where I continued the job, although the job thankfully kept going.
I looked like the controlbox had lost touch with the laptop and none of the control were working anymore.
I was not game enough to close the program down, so just kept going and was mighty relieved when the job stopped at the final line but I could not return to XYZ0.
Thank goodness I didn't have another toolpath to carve.
The finish looks great though.

Cheers
Wolffie

4DThinker

Re: Found something interesting about the controlbox

Post by 4DThinker »

Nice to know, Wolffie. I've not yet ventured into lengthy 3D jobs. No patience for lengthy work (students projects) that I don't get paid for doing.

The various versions of Windows as well as the PCs it runs on have power saving strategies that include turning off USB ports. I try and disable every last one of those on the PC running my Shark. Some are in Windows Power saving settings, but some are in the PC's BIOS settings.

Happy your project turned out all right.

Wolffie1

Re: Found something interesting about the controlbox

Post by Wolffie1 »

The weird thing was that all power saving strategies were turned off, I guess the controlbox just had a hiccup.
Cheers
Wolffie