Touch plate

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Kevink18

Touch plate

Post by Kevink18 »

I finaly got around to installing touch plate on me Shark but cant get it to work. Is there some software I need to install I fallowed the instructions that came with it but cant get it to work.

4DThinker

Re: Touch plate

Post by 4DThinker »

Does the controller have the choice to pick the Touchplate to set Z=0, or is it missing? If missing, you have to register the plate with NextWave, then they'll send you a code to enter to enable the touchplate choice to show up.

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

There is no place to select it. I did register but did it today so wont get that till monday. Thanks

baby15

Post by baby15 »

wait for your number an it will work

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

They should tell you in the instructions that it will not work tell you get the # from them. Everything else works for a trial time.

TK@BullseyeGSD

Post by TK@BullseyeGSD »

Hey Kevin-

The instructions that I received with my touch plate did explain that I needed to register it and then I would receive an email with a key. I don't know if you received the same instructions but here is a pic of the section that talked about registering the touch plate. Hope this helps.

Troy
Attachments
Touch Plate Instructions.JPG

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

got the same instructions but if it was like the controller and v-carve it should be able to use it while waiting for key.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Unfortunately the Shark Control Panel ticks down 30 days - after that - any new accessory will require a Registration Key before you can 'see' it in the SCP.