I killed my Shark

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Rocketmaniac

I killed my Shark

Post by Rocketmaniac »

I was using a wide flat bottom bit to trim/level some wood when all $#@$%# broke lose. The router slipped in the holding bracket (its slipped a little a few days ago, but not like this). The bit "bit" into the wood and then everything stopped. I reset everything (controller and laptop several times) but all I'm getting is this "Please check CNC Shark power and USB cable"

What do I check now?

Thanks,

Randy
BD Shark user
since 12/2013

Bob

Re: I killed my Shark

Post by Bob »

The first thing to do is unplug then plug in the usb cable from the computer.
That always works for me when I get that message.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Blow out the usb port also. Sometimes I get no reading from it and it is dust that has gotten in. They are cheap enough, try a new usb cable. Normally if I get error problems like this, I unplug everything, blow the connections out restart the computer and it will clear it up. If those steps don't work, then contact NWA and talk to tech support. I did have a control board or something go bad and need replacing one time. I'm pretty sure that you didn't do any major damage if there's no physical damage on the machine. Maybe time to invest in the aluminum router bracket.

When you figure it out post and let us know for future reference.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

There is a fuse under the plug to the controller you should check. If you haven't already replaced it there should also be a spare fuse in there as well. No lights on when the power switch is on and the fuse is the first thing to check.

Rocketmaniac

Post by Rocketmaniac »

milo30 wrote: Maybe time to invest in the aluminum router bracket
Please tell me more!!!
BD Shark user
since 12/2013

Rocketmaniac

Post by Rocketmaniac »

4DThinker wrote:There is a fuse under the plug to the controller you should check. If you haven't already replaced it there should also be a spare fuse in there as well. No lights on when the power switch is on and the fuse is the first thing to check.
I will check this out first thing in morning
BD Shark user
since 12/2013

Rocketmaniac

Post by Rocketmaniac »

Bob wrote:The first thing to do is unplug then plug in the usb cable from the computer.
Bob
unfortunately, I did this

blowing out the connections is all I have left to do with regards to the cables
BD Shark user
since 12/2013

baby15

Post by baby15 »

Rocketmaniac wrote:
Bob wrote:The first thing to do is unplug then plug in the usb cable from the computer.
Bob
unfortunately, I did this
get a aluminum bracket an no more slippage. I replaced mine an 2 outher. holds router nice an tight. someone on the forum sells them for 55.00

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Rocketmaniac wrote:
milo30 wrote: Maybe time to invest in the aluminum router bracket
Please tell me more!!!
It is Dixie Billet
business@dixiebillet.com

Which machine do you have? I know he doesn't have them for the shark pro yet. I was suppose to send him mine so he could measure and then he would start selling them also but I haven't had the down time yet to be able to. Email him and he'll help you out.

Rocketmaniac

Post by Rocketmaniac »

4DThinker wrote:There is a fuse under the plug to the controller you should check.
And the winner is 4DThinker!!!!!!! Thank you. I was thinking that there should be a fuse, but I NEVER could have imagined the fuse would be hidden so well.

I will also be looking into getting a better bracket, but for now I will just keep a closer eye on how tight the router is (and I need to get another couple fuses)

Thank again,

Randy

PS I have the black diamond edition
BD Shark user
since 12/2013