Ready to Buy - some user feedback requested

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

djscreations

Ready to Buy - some user feedback requested

Post by djscreations »

Hello All,

I am sure questions like this are common and sometimes vague.

We are novices to woodworking but have lots of experience in graphics, graphic designs using Corel x6 along with others. The question I have is we are looking to use the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD as an addition to our current giftshop items -

What is the learning curve - equipment / software

very vague but just would like to hear experience talk about the CNC.

Scott

milo30

Re: Ready to Buy - some user feedback requested

Post by milo30 »

As you would expect, the learning curve will vary from person to person. As far as the machine goes, it is fairly simple to operate from day one and become more proficient as you go. For the software, depends on what you want to do, vcarving in 2.5D or aspire in 3D. You can also purchase 3D files and run in cut3d. With vcarve, if you watch all of the training videos you can do the basics pretty quick. I made my first lettered sign 30 minutes after loading the software. It took about 6 months before I really became comfortable in using many of the features. Two years later and I still have not tried them all and am still learning but feel very comfortable with it. You can download a free trial version at the vectric site to play with and learn on.

If you want a better answer, I'd suggest that you post some pictures of types of things that you want to make and then we can give you a better idea. The cnc is a great tool and only limited by your imagination. I still am amazed at things that people are able to create on one.

djscreations

Post by djscreations »

Great Info.

Thanks, we are looking at signs / gift shop items to start.

Thanks Again
Scott

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Scott,

Hard to accurately have this sort of discussion in this venue. Too many questions to ask on both sides of the conversation.

I have been programming and operating CNC systems for nearly 20 years, and spent much of that time training operators. I have had a Shark for about four years and have made good money with it.

I will be happy to spend some time on the phone with you discussing what you want to do with it, what your skill set is and help you get a fix on the learning curve.

PM me, I'll send you my phone number and we can set a time to call.

Ralph