resetting E-stop

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mrmartin

resetting E-stop

Post by mrmartin »

I just started learning and working on a shark pro hd. Sometimes when i go to run my project I start the Shark control panel it won't load doesn't recongnize the laptop. I then have to push the e-stop in and then pull it out to reset the system. I have done this quite a few times, is there something going on with the shark that it needs to be reset so often.

thanks
Martin

wolffie

Re: resetting E-stop

Post by wolffie »

I have found that if I turn the box on before I turn the laptop on, the laptop cannot find the box.
If I turn the laptop on first, I never have any problems.
Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I discovered that the PC (a dell) I'm using turns off the USB ports when it times out/goes to sleep. Waking up it occasionally doesn't remember/see the controller. Unplugging then replugging in the cable from the controller works. My permanent cure? Set the PC to never go to sleep.

Logic follows then that if the PC is on first, then the controller activated, the PC will detect the "new device" and run the appropriate driver.

SPH01

Post by SPH01 »

You can set the PC to not go to sleep but it if the USB ports have "allow the PC to turn off this device to same power" it will drop the USB port.
Manage the ports and under device manager,Universal Serial Bus Controller, USB root hub,(right click) properties, power management and uncheck the box for all the USB root hubs.
I don't like having Microsoft tell me what I want.
Steve

mrmartin

Post by mrmartin »

thanks for all the response. I think I will set the computer to not go to sleep and make the USB stay on all the time. Makes sense to me.

thanks
martin