router plunges to deep

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mrmartin

router plunges to deep

Post by mrmartin »

What causes the shark to plunge deeper into the wood than the flat depth setting?

I went to cut a logo on this sign. I had the flat depth setting to .25 in my v-carve 90 degree 1/2 in bit. It cut down to 3/4 of in. I stopped flipped my board over checked my settings and changed nothing. Then I ran my program again and it did it the way I wanted. So, today I get another piece of wood reload my tap files and go to v-carve the same file and it cuts it to deep again. What am I doing wrong.

thanks
for any help
mr martin

mrmartin

Re: router plunges to deep

Post by mrmartin »

i reloaded the project and the shark cut it it just fine. Don't know what was going on. I forgot to mention that I had reset the PRZ every time.

thanks

mrmartin

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

I don't know if looking at the CRV file might help or not but you could post it and let us see what the possible pit falls might be. Did you regenerate the tap file each time?? I don't know if its just too late for me or what.... but ... what is the prz?

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi -

A couple of thoughts - but it sounds mechanical/electrical in nature. I say this as you found that the same tap file "works" at different times.

Assuming that this is not the result of a loose router, loose cutter, loose z axis lead screw/motor coupler....

You 'reloaded' the tap file and it worked fine. I don't think this is a tap file/vcarve thing at face value.

I have found that the system is somewhat affected by electrical interference. From my perspective the weakest link is the usb cable. What you've experienced is intermittent in nature, and it might be the usb cable that is contributing to this - either through a cable failure, or interference. Certainly you do not want to have this plugged into the same circuit that you have the shop vac or other electrical devices plugged in and running when using the Shark (or at least not without a power conditioner in play).

In my case, as I have poor electrical service (brown outs/surges/momentary on/off events), I also had a couple of events like you experienced before I put an APC backup power supply/power conditioner in front of the control panel and computer plug-in.

Another event I've seen on the forum that results in this behavior is a poorly seated micro-SD card. You can push in on it to ensure it is well seated. You may have to remove the control box cover to see this well enough (be sure to power it off and unplug the power cord before doing this).

groovy318

Re:my router cut to deep

Post by groovy318 »

i was wondering if someone could look at my crv file and tell me where i went wrong.
sometings come out ok and some seem to cut way to deep,i am asuming it is operator error LOL
it would be fine to email me
i only ran the pocket 5 file
New.crv
crv
(5.68 MiB) Downloaded 326 times
pic of what happend
pic of what happend
thanks for any ideas you may have

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

groovy,

How thick is the plywood? What is your history with the machine recently? Didn't see any major problems with the CRV file just yet (initial P has some issues but shouldnt be whats going on here) Still looking and thinking though.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

groovy318

Re: router plunges to deep ( Eagle55 )

Post by groovy318 »

material is .75 thick

groovy318

Post by groovy318 »

these are the last 3 things i made and all came out ok