MAKO

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bgrooms

MAKO

Post by bgrooms »

How long will the mako package be on sale for $4000?

Eagle55

Re: MAKO

Post by Eagle55 »

I think it just came out and went on sale. A guess... and only a guess would be that it might be there for a couple of weeks and maybe a month. I would also say that it might even be that price to almost Xmas. This time of year there are always tons of bargain... I save money for the Rockler fall sales Ha Ha Ha
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

The sale ends Nov 21,2012
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I have a clue that NWA may stop making that Blue special MAKO when the sale ends, and start making a black version that is essentially the same except in color.

norseman

Post by norseman »

While the intent of the Mako offer was to give our customer a great value on a great product with new improvements the response far surpassed our expectations. Rockler has increased its initial forecast with the manufacturer and is cautiously optimistic that we will have inventory to support demand through the end of the year. With that said, this was a limited production and is truly available while supplies last...

Jarel Design

Post by Jarel Design »

Can you please "define" "limited production" please?

I'm waiting for some "checks in the mail" to arrive some time in December to pay for the purchase of the new Mako... I'm not concerned about color or even the great "package deal" (Planning to adapt a water cooled spindle).

What I am concerend about is the ability to buy the Mako (in any color) with the new "real" upgrades, bearings, angled gauntry, new controller etc... even if it means loosing out on the great package sale deal.

When I hear limited production, I take it at face value and worry about not being able to purchase the Mako at all.

Could you please shed a little more light on this?

Thank you!

Best,
Richard
Jarel Design

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

This machine is not limited in production the color and accessories combined that makes up the package of the Mako is limited.
The machine design will not go away (color will change) but it will be more expensive to get everything in the Mako package.

Jarel Design

Post by Jarel Design »

*huge smile and sigh of relief* (now I understand)

Thank you so very much!

So excited about getting this into my shop...!

Best,
Richard

norseman

Post by norseman »

“Limited” in this case means the Blue Color and W/Accessories – After the Limited Edition runs out the CNC Shark HD will have the updated features but will be black.

Topher

Post by Topher »

Hmmm, I can't budget it until next year but am very tempted by it. It would sure be nice if the Mako were available into next year.

I need to know max cutting depth. In other words, I need to through cut to about 3" depth (in multiple passes). I wonder if the bit clearance on this model will allow that. And whether the bearings can stand up to that depth in, say, solid maple.

I did find this, which seems to indicate the clearance would be OK: "Z travel up to 7 inches max (2 inches more the regular plus)."

Am I reading it right?