saving files in .tap instead of .crv...why????

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

fast eddie

saving files in .tap instead of .crv...why????

Post by fast eddie »

everytime I save a project in my tool paths it saves it to a tap file instead of a crv file and then when I try to reopen to work on it it tells me "NO DATA WAS IMPORTED FROM THE DXF/DWG FILE" FAILED TO IMPORT DATA.....SHOULDNT IT SAY .CRV INSTEAD OF .TAP? please anyone help

tonydude

Re: saving files in .tap instead of .crv...why????

Post by tonydude »

eddie,

If you want to save it as a crv file then you have to go to upper left corner of vcarve click on file, click on save as and it would be saved as a crv file. This way you can open it up later to work on it. Or you can send it on this forum or send in email to someone. The tap file is for loading file to control panel to cut on your machine.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Eagle55

Re: saving files in .tap instead of .crv...why????

Post by Eagle55 »

Eddie,
A good way to look at it is like when you are working in a MS Word document. Your files are saves as a .doc file. You can send it to the printer (equated with sending it to a .tap file) but if you want to change something in the document, you have to open the .doc file, change it and print it again. This is parallel with the CNC process. You create the design and save it as a .crv file, and send it to the "printer" or Shark as a .tap file. Using it in the Shark is the only purpose that the .tap file has. If you want to change the project you have to make changes in the .crv file and then send it to the .tap file just like you would re-print a corrected page of a document. This is all part of the work flow that is involved in CNC and although similar to the work flow of other tasks, still little hard to grasp at first.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com