bmiestervs

Re: Questions on CNC Bits

Post by bmiestervs »

Not sure how deep I should go. Will have to experiment

wsteffan

Post by wsteffan »

Tony,

This might have been covered in the manual of somewhere here on the forums but I can't seem to find the answer.

I have the bosch 1617 with the 60th. It has a dial set for 1-6 for the RPMs, 6 looks like 22K RPM based on users guide.

That is what I have been running with.

My question is, if I set the RPM lower in Vcarve pro 8, so it run at the speed set in vcarve or do I also have to adjust the router?

I have the trail running for gwizard, and tried a free project from vetric and it made a huge difference.
I adjusted the speeds/feeds and the carve came out needing very little sanding.

Thank you for all the advice.

I just ordered 20 new EM and Ball nose bits for one of the sites you listed, or maybe it was another member posting the link.

My Kodiak 1/4 EM was burned running at 18K+ all the time for the past few months.

Wayne
Aspire 8.024, photo vcarve, cnc Shark 60th, control panel 2.1

Rando

Post by Rando »

(sorry, not Tony, but I'm up :D )

The 60th doesn't have a way to change the router/spindle speed directly. It can change how fast it moves the x, y and z motors to get to the feedrate entered, but it can't directly control the RPMs. The cheapest (best?) way I found to accurately set the router speed was to get one of those cheap optical (non-contact) tachometers and then put a bit of their reflective material on the larger-diameter part of the spindle. It's not all that easy, given the darned thing kept spinning itself off whenever the router got hot and the adhesive gave up at those high RPMs. But while it works, it's very accurate.

Glad to hear the GWizard trial is helping. It's a bit confusing until you kinda understand the relationships between the numbers, but after a while you can almost look at a set of cutting parameters and just **know** it can't be right.

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)