brush replacement HD4

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jacduck

brush replacement HD4

Post by Jacduck »

Anyone know the replacement for just the brushes on the HD4 dust collector? There are screws that hold the brushes in and the width of the metal clamp slot is 0.2. I have searched Amazie and Ebay and can not find what I am looking for. Some help would be appreciated if you have the knowledge hidden away in the deep dark recesses.
John C up in MI aka jacduck before the internet

OCEdesigns

Re: brush replacement HD4

Post by OCEdesigns »

Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips

Jacduck

Post by Jacduck »

That is what I was looking for so Thank you. I was hoping to buy them in bulk because one of my projects has the router melting the bristles.

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

Jacduck wrote:That is what I was looking for so Thank you. I was hoping to buy them in bulk because one of my projects has the router melting the bristles.

You're welcome.
Can you move your router down lower in the mount? I had this happen once and it was because my spindle was too high, so using a short end mill, it had the dust collector bristles flattening out and the end mill would grab them and melt them. I lowered the spindle in the mount and it is better.
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips

Jacduck

Post by Jacduck »

Router is at the bottom of it's travel in the mount and I am using an extension to get the depth but then because it is a pocket the brushes are pushed into the router and melt. Best laid plans I guess.