Shark HD520 - Z Axis Dragging to Next Cut

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jrasmusson

Shark HD520 - Z Axis Dragging to Next Cut

Post by Jrasmusson »

Hello all! Happy Holidays!

I have a new issue on my machine I am trying to correct. I have the Shark HD520 and when the machine is cutting - it will drag the bit through the piece as it raises the bit to the next location. Like, its jogging as the bit is raising out of work, creating a BEAUTIFUL sloped cut though my work!! It's really a pain in the rear and it doesn't happen on every cut or move, just 4 or 5 times and enough of an issue, the pieces are scrap. This is everything I have done so far: I have set the height at .5 (from .2), I have zeroed the touch plate on the piece of material cutting. I have slowed the cutting way down even to the point of setting it 5in/min just to see if maybe it's moving too fast before the Z axis catches up, and I have checked all the set screws in the lead screws on the machine itself. When I preview the 3D cut paths in the software (V-Carve Pro), it is clearly showing a clean cut, and shows the Z Axis raising to the .5 above the work piece before moving to the next letter/part of whatever it is to be cut. But this isn't happening in reality.

Any help or direction would be amazing!!!!! Would like to finish these Christmas presents, and well.. they are now going to be New Years presents!!

Bob

Re: Shark HD520 - Z Axis Dragging to Next Cut

Post by Bob »

Frequently, when this happens it's because the laser post processor is being used for a routing project.
Check your PP and be sure you're not using the laser pp.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

tonydude

Re: Shark HD520 - Z Axis Dragging to Next Cut

Post by tonydude »

Check your setup on the clearance [attachment=0]setup.png[/attachment

Tony
Attachments
setup.png
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.