Unable to open Control Panel

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BobA

Unable to open Control Panel

Post by BobA »

I have been running a CNC Shark Pro Plus for 22 months. I have sold the plus and received the CNC Shark Mako today. I have the new machine all setup and went to open my Control Panel. The softrware recognizes that I have a new controller that has not been registered. So I register and the I do not get the message that I must register within 30 days. Each time I try to open I get the same message and the control panel will not open. I am using version e. Recognizing that there is now a version F, I download the latest and I get same message and the control panel still will not open. Anyone else had this problem. I am very anxious to try out the new machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Where are you At Joe?

Thanks,
Bob

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Unable to open Control Panel

Post by jeb2cav »

Well, I was in bed when this was posted Bob! Congratulations on your purchase.

I'm going to assume that this is the same computer - and while I don't know, I suspect the software and registration is confused from the 'previous install' with regard to registration. Of course, not being a Mako owner, IDK in the end.

In file explorer, navigate to the location of the /CNC Shark folder. The default location is /My Documents/CNC Shark. Change that folder name to /CNC Shark 2 or something.

Re-install the software. When you open it the first time, you will have to repeat the registration process. After that, you may be good to go until you receive your Mako registration back from NWA.

BobA

Post by BobA »

Joe,

I did as you instructed. I am still unable to open. Every time I try to open I get message that the controller has not been registered. I fill out registration and submit and nothing happens. I have sent New Wave many registrations. Any other idea?

Thanks for replying,
Bob

Avenroot

Post by Avenroot »

Hi Bob,

I have processed your registration for your new Mako.. try using the new registration key set to you to register the software with.. let me know if you have any more problems.

BobA

Post by BobA »

Dana,

I Tried opening the control panel again and I still get same message.
Do I start all over again? This is same XP PC I was using on my CNC Shark Pro Plus and was using version D of Control Panel software.

Bob

BobA

Post by BobA »

Dana,

I shut everything down and received same message. This time I selected Yes and was able to input registration Key. Now I will try to install touch pad. I sure hope it goes better than control panel did.

Thanks, I was afraid that icould not try the machine until Monday.

Bob

BobA

Post by BobA »

Dana,

I submitted registration for touch pad. Nothing appeared to be changed in control panel jog screen. I touched Z0 with touch pad hooked up and i do not see Detect Touch Plate as instructions discribed. I again shut everything down and tried again. The control panel had not kept my serial number for touch plate. I did everything again with same results.

Please let me know what to try again. Anyway I am happy to have a control panel.

Thaks,
Bob

2Big

Post by 2Big »

Bob,
I had a similar issue with my Maco Shark- You have to register your machine and each accessory separately- Once registered you will recieve a registration key by email. ( I had to hound them with email to get them to send me the registration keys, not sure why it takes so long but it is not an automatic email response.) Once you recieve the registration keys you will need to open your control screen, click on file , then preferences, then Enter registration key. That will bring up a prompt to enter your keys. You will need to do that for the machine and each accessory you have- Good Luck, hope it helps.

BobA

Post by BobA »

2Big,

What you said was true. Dana got me going Saturday with everthing but the touch plate. I got a registration The following Monday for it. I was just frustrated because I had a new machine and was unable to use it because I did not have registration numbers. The software identified I was using a different controller and would not let me use the control software until I registered. I could not get a registration until someone from New Wave provided it. My experience before was that I had 30 days to get a registration number.

All is well now and everything is okay.

Thanks for the reply.