Filemissing in software

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

heresursign

Filemissing in software

Post by heresursign »

I'm trying to get a shark on line for the first time. When i try to run the shark control panel firmware update it tells me that i am missing the winusb.dll file. I have searched everywhere for that file and installed the software several times but still no luck..any suggestions..

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Filemissing in software

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi,

In addition to the Shark Owner's Manual (available for download from the Next Wave Automation Downloads page) - these 2 threads may be of use-

http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 702&p=8979
http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1081&p=5593

If these steps don't solve it, speak up - also would like to know at that time what operating system you're working with (Win XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8).

heresursign

Post by heresursign »

i'm using XP. I searched all the system files to be sure it was not one i could copy to the shark folder. No luck. I have the sofware discs but it doesn't show up on when i explore the disc. I don't get the dialogue box asking me if i want to install the usb driver as shown in the manual. I am at a total loss.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

A couple of things -

1. If this is an older computer, are you sure that the usb connections the computer has are USB 2.0 capable? If this is a yes, give 2 a look. If your computer does not support USB 2.0, you're going to need to add a USB 2.0 card or figure out some alternate - the Shark USB connection and function only supports USB 2.0.

2. I have seen in a couple of cases with an older computer and Win XP where going to the computer's web site, and downloading and installing hardware driver updates might help with this situation.

3. So, with the USB cable plugged in, but with the control box off (and any anti-virus program you may have disabled), run the installer again. After it finishes, and before you open the control panel software, turn on the control box. At this point I'd expect you to be prompted with found new hardware. It will either install it automatically and announce success, or it will prompt you about installing the driver for this 'new' hardware. Select let windows do this for you and 'the right thing' should/will happen. If this doesn't pop up - about finding new hardware and either installing it or asking you how you want it installed see #4. If it does happen, once it announces success - and only after it announces this success - you can start the shark control panel.

4. See mdcavanaugh's post about going to the control panel to install the 'new' hardware - http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 8979#p8988

heresursign

Post by heresursign »

Thanks to you I am up and running. It must have been the Norton anti virus. It took me forever to get all the various parts turned off but finally got it done. After reinstalling the software, the controller kicked in and we are off. I will probably cut a test sign tomorrow. Thanks for the help