Blue Light not working control panel

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

shicks1015

Blue Light not working control panel

Post by shicks1015 »

Just got my Shark Pro HD set up and the blue light would not come on but the yellow light was blinking and the red light solid. I did some searching on the net and tried various things but the light did not come on; however, I went ahead and installed my controller software and plugged the USB cable into the controller and my computer and my computer reconginzed the Shark. I tried the sample square tap file w/o router on and it worked fine and I could jog but the blue light still not working. I also tried hooking my router up to the outlet on the controller box and the router would not power up. I had to hook the router up to separate wall outlet. I am using Windows 7 and I could update the firmware. Any ideas or comments? I tried calling support but they were closed for the evening.

Thanks,
Shawn

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Blue Light not working control panel

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Shawn - with regard to the router running - it won't run while the 1in square test tap file is running? The only time power is applied to the outlet on the Control Box is when a job is running.

No help on the blue light - other than I had a loose wire on the Control Box I received. NWA support should be able to work with you on troubleshooting that. It 'feels' like that as otherwise the system is working.

Sallye

Post by Sallye »

When I first received my shark, the relay to control the outlet on the controller box was not working, and NWA sent me another one overnight and walked me through installing it. You may be having the same problem with that issue. I'm not sure if the blue light is related.
-Sallye

Shark Pro Plus, Aspire 3.5

shicks1015

Post by shicks1015 »

Thanks for the input. I will post something once I found out from tech support. Maybe it will help some future Shark owner.

Shawn

shicks1015

Post by shicks1015 »

Update:

I finally got hold of tech support and explained the situation and the tech guy said the blue was basically to let you know the controller is receiving power and that mine was probably just blown out (just the blue light). Since I could jog it and run sample it would be okay and it was receiving power. FYI, my table was sagging in the middle out of the box as others had stated in other topics and no screws were loose.

Shawn