Letter Routing Capability

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

banderson

Letter Routing Capability

Post by banderson »

Does the Shark Pro have the ability to route out letters with fonts that have varying depts or do you need to purchase 3d software?

Anybody know how to shrink JPEGs so they can be attached???

CountryWoodCrafts

Re: Letter Routing Capability

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

Jpg's can be reduced by opening with Microsoft paint and just click save. . . I know it sounds weird but it will take a 4.1mb picture and turn it into a 860kb one just by saving it over itself.

And as far as varying depths I just create another layer and carve to another depth. Is this what you are speaking of? If you are talking about letters in the same word varying depth then you would convert text to curves and select the letter that the other depth is needed . . .

Hope I hit the right meaning to your question.

banderson

Post by banderson »

Thank you. Here is a sample of what I want to be able to do. I love this font - anybody know what name it is??
Attachments
router text3.JPG

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

I am not sure what font that is.
BUt I would suggest you go out to 1001fonts.com.
Some will machine well others will not but most are free.
Check it out.

Thanks

Tim

banderson

Post by banderson »

Will the Shark Pro route this kind of font out or would I need additional software?

fdownwind

Post by fdownwind »

I would do what Tim says and download free fonts off of the internet. You will be able to match the font there. When you download the font it will be a compressed file. Unzip it and go to Control Panel then open the Fonts file. Save the font into this file. Your new fonts can be uploaded directly into Vcarve Pro. I have not figured out how to do this without removing the program and then reinstalling it. VCarve Pro runs a utility that searches your computer for fonts when you first install it and then they are saved within the program.There must be a way... N E hoo Once you get your new fonts in Vcarve Pro you will be able to very easily insert them into your work. Hope this helps...

Mr. Derby

Post by Mr. Derby »

I would like to know if it's possible to cnc a sign on a wooden board that is 4 to 6 feet long 12 inches wide with the cnc shark pro plus . I understand the work cutting area is limited to a 24"x 24" area. Could you slide the board down and carve in sections or would this mess up the start/stop point? Would a larger cnc table/machine be the better way to go? :?