I need a new " 1/4 " Collet chuck for my palm Router

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

fred1030

I need a new " 1/4 " Collet chuck for my palm Router

Post by fred1030 »

I need to find a new collet chuck for my colt palm router. I noticed today that one of my bits was slipping down the collet and before I knew was was happening it slipped deep into the wood and stalled my shark. Before I could stop the machine smoke was coming out the router. Fortunately I don't think the router was damaged but it was a job getting the bit out. I don't want to risk the rest of this job or take the chance the collet won't hold all my bits securely. So I want to replace it rather than take a chance. Also I did not realize I needed to clean the collet occasionally and it does show burned markings where it must have spun on a loose bit at some time or another.
Any help would be appreciated. Bosh is out of them so I have to go to another source. Any ideas?
Fred

BillK

Re: I need a new " 1/4 " Collet chuck for my palm Router

Post by BillK »

I love my PreciseBits.com collet and nut for the Bosch Colt. Be careful though, it sounds like there might be damage to the collet seat in your Colt. Visually inspect it for any dents or scores.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

fred1030

Re: I need a new " 1/4 " Collet chuck for my palm Router

Post by fred1030 »

Thanks, I will. I suspect the main culprit was that I bought a cheap 1/4" end mill from Ranch and Farm Supply.