Where do you buy router bits

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jazpeitia

Where do you buy router bits

Post by jazpeitia »

Hello, I am just polling to see where some of you buy your router bits online. I would like to buy some more to add to my collection but I am unsure where to go because there are sooooo many choices. thanks.....

milo30

Re: Where do you buy router bits

Post by milo30 »

I found a local shop that sells bits. I get them cheaper than online for Whiteside.

BillK

Post by BillK »

I'm very happy with any of the ball nose bits from PreciseBits as well as any of their very small (0.062, 0.050) end mills, they are great. Very well made and are lasting through miles of cuts in Red Oak for me.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

Ditto on PreciseBits. I've also found 1/8' and 1/4" end mills are Harbor Freight cheap...

jazpeitia

Post by jazpeitia »

Thanks for the info, I never would of thought Harbor Freight but will check them out.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

sk8nmike wrote:Ditto on PreciseBits. I've also found 1/8' and 1/4" end mills are Harbor Freight cheap...
I use straight bits from anywhere, including that HF and they cut nice and clean for me.

drueth

Post by drueth »

I belive many if not most people that have a Shark are here as a hobist and are not using there shark in a cabinet shop. I would also say most of us start out COMPLEATLY lost as to how all this works. With that said If you buy your bits from Harbor Freight they will work just fine, UNTILL you learn all the really neat thing you can do with this machine. Than you will find that a 90 dig V bit is really 85 dig and one 0.25 EM is really 0.23 and the other is 0.26 This may not be a problem depending on what you want to do. BUT as you learn and move on you will find that the bit you buy are a very inportant part of this. You will find that bit made in China are all over the place as far as the dia. degree of the angle and quality of the metal they are made from. You will not have that problem with PreciseBits. I have used bit from here http://www.eagleamerica.com They have worked OK for me and there prices are not bad. BUT I found I still must do a test cut and measure them.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

Round nose bits from Precise Bits are very good bits. I bought the 4 bit set and am very happy with how they perform. The end mills are too short for my usage so I by the carbide bits from Rockler. I live 15 mins from the store in Pasadena.
Rick

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

I bought the tapered ball nose set from precise bits and reccomend. Also, buy from MLCS for good cheap bits.
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

ohiococonut

Post by ohiococonut »

A good source for long tapered ball nose bits is http://www.beckwithdecor.com/index_files/Cutters.htm
They are expensive but well worth it.
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."