slow feed

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

youme

slow feed

Post by youme »

feed rate 30 inches per minute plunge rate 5.cutting table from vectric downloads. nextwave says aspire is the problem and it is generating gcode at lowest setting ,which is the 5 for plunge rate. burning up bits and table that im cutting out. feed is only cutting at 4 inches per minute.any suggestions? shark hd,aspire 4

milo30

Re: slow feed

Post by milo30 »

Open the file in Aspire and check the toolpaths and see what setting you have for them. You should be able to set all of those parameters yourself for each tool and then generate a new gcode. If you have done that and aspire is changing it when you create the gcode, you should contact vectric for help.

youme

Post by youme »

have already set toolpath and feed and plunge and aspire must not like it because when ido project everything is changed .feed to slow ,only 4 inches per minute and it was set for 30 inches per minute.

tmerrill

Post by tmerrill »

You haven't given any information as to what toolpath you are using and how it is setup.

If you are using any type of ramping in the toolpath, Aspire and V-Carve Pro will set the feedrate to whatever you have set for the Plunge rate (for most machines). It sounds like this is what you are seeing.

If this is the profile cutout toolpath in the project's table top file, it is set up for a Spiral Ramp which means the feed rate will stay at the Plunge rate until the final pass. I recommend you either increase the Plunge rate for this toolpath or try a short, smooth ramp instead of the spiral.

Tim

drueth

Post by drueth »

youme

I have nerver bought a model from Vectric. But you should be able to change the plunge rate when you pick the bit you want to use to do the cut. In a 3d model the plung rate is probley more important than the feed rate. This is because most of the cut start at one depth move in the X and Y direction, as the bit is moved up and down in the Z direction. If you have a variable speed router you can slow down how fast the bit is turning. If you set the plunge rate to high and you are useing a large dia bit you will have a problem with the Shark. I have found I can set the plunge rate at about 10 to 20 inches/per min for a 0.50 dia ball nose bit depending on the wood. If I use a larger dia. bit I have had to may problem nomatter how low the feed and plung rate was. With a 3D cut.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012