update control panel and registration

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

janz

update control panel and registration

Post by janz »

Opened control panel and said update available so I downloaded it and now it just keeps asking to
register the program. Go into help and reg keys and every time I put in the key for the black diamond
it shows in info then I put in the touch plate reg key and check the info only to find the key was there
for the touch plate but the new wave black diamond reg key was removed. If I close the panel and reopen
we start all over again asking for registration and when I check the reg info there are no keys listed so I
put them back in and the circle starts again. Uninstalled the old panel and even deleted the cnc shark file
under documents, restarted, and installed new program for controller and the vicious circle starts again.
This is very annoying that it tells you to update but really no guidance to get out of this circle.
Would much rather be using this time for carving.
I figure the answer is out here.
Thanks

milo30

Re: update control panel and registration

Post by milo30 »

Which version did you download? There were some people having the same type of problems about a month ago. Try searching and you might find your answer there.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

This is the reason I dislike upgrading to the newest weds ion of anything. Windows, control panel, etc. If it's working fine, why upset the apple cart. Hope you figure it out. It's probably something simple but difficult to find.
Rick

McBuster

Post by McBuster »

Sounds to me like you will need a new Key from NWA. Then, after the C Panel is working, request another key for the Touch Plate. And wait for that.

Unfortunately, if this is the case, you will have to wait til Monday til they open for business.

I have been critical of this process, as it is totally unnecessary. The Software is useless without the Hardware. And the Hardware can only be used with one CNC Thingy. So, why the aggravation?
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

janz

Post by janz »

This is really crazy, I agree on not updating as it can set you back 2 or 3 days.
Anyways its the V1.5 release 1402 - 20
Just annoying the pop up comes telling you update available and download now.
Everything was going great until the update, last time for me updating. I swear
this is worse than windows. I'm going to uninstall it and load the old control panel
(if I can) and see what happens.

janz

Post by janz »

Uninstalled the new update stuff. Loaded the panel software before the update version.
Went very smooth, pop up came for update, ignored it, put reg keys in all went well in
no time at all. That is how I expected the update to perform but doesn't. It went so
easy I decided to try the update for the 100th time thinking I must have done something
wrong. Same results, as soon as you put reg key in and then next key it deletes the first
key you put in. When you close app and reopen keys are gone and the pop up circle starts
again. Uninstalled it all again and reinstalled old again, old version went in fast and easy
and is now running again. Annoying popup still comes to update, wish I could shut it off.
But reg keys remain with old version and all is good except for the annoying update popup.

janz

Post by janz »

As an after thought along with the control panel update came a controller firmware
update. Hope this doesn't mess things up with old version of control panel.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

My motto, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Rick

rlwagner

Post by rlwagner »

Same problem! Crazy!

Why on Earth do they even have this registration process?

HP would be out of business if they did this their printer owners! But they don't because if you own a physical HP printer, then you have free rights to all driver software and updates. Imagine if HP knocked out your printer after every driver update and you had to wait until Monday to get a new key!!

STOP THE REGISTRATION CIRCUS, PLEASE!!

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

23k has been deprecated.

Registration Keys are now automatically created during the online registration process for both the new 1.5 and the current 2.0 registration systems.

A patch for the 1.5 registration was posted on Thursday, February 27th, and the software serial is no longer required in that version, so smooth sailing for anyone trying to quickly setup and run, as long as they submit online.
http://nextwaveautomation.com/Downloads ... 402-27.exe

We have and will continue to do our best to quickly address any comments or issues in order to provide the best possible user experience.
Last edited by Joseph Poirier on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.