Chinese endmills?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Mimbler

Chinese endmills?

Post by Mimbler »

Have any of you tried those cheap carbide endmills on eBay? I just ordered 10 for 14.97 shipped (1/8 ballnose). At less than a $1.50 each, I figured they would at least be good for test cuts, etc. and hopefully useful for real work. I would be interested in hearing about anyone's experience with these.
thanks, Mike

PeteD

Re: Chinese endmills?

Post by PeteD »

I have been using them for years drilling holes in crib board for about 4 years with no problems. I have made hundreds of crib boards with over 500 holes in each of them and they do not wander when hitting the various grains in a price of wood.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

For the price I'd give them a try.
Rick

kenypete

Post by kenypete »

Could you post the link? I'm not seeing them on eBay.

Ken

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

Mimbler

Post by Mimbler »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sales-promotion ... 1487344728?

and these are the ball nose bits I bought. He has relisted them at a higher price so I guess they really were on sale like he stated when I bought them!
Mike

kenypete

Post by kenypete »

Thanks !

Ken

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I just ordered some myself

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

BillK

Post by BillK »

I ordered these a while ago and have used them, not sure if from this supplier. They are just "OK" in my opinion. They have just 2 flutes and they loose their sharp edge a lot faster than other ball endmills I have used. If you carve hardwood like oak, expect good results for about two hours of carving, then they fall off after that. By fall off I mean leaving a lot of clean up of attached stringy chips and the like. That might not be an issue given the cost. But if you get used to them make sure you reorder in time for when you need them. Just my opinion...
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Bill,

Thanks for letting us know. I'll keep an eye on the carving when I use mine in a couple weeks.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.