HELP

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mikeholland

HELP

Post by mikeholland »

Im brand new to cnc. But I'm really stuck. I'm just trying vcarve a one word text line 3"high. I've spent many hours watching the training videos and I feel like I'm starting to grasp the drawing and toolpath concepts, but I cant get the Shark to run the file. I can load the g code but when I run it all three axis move in 1/32 inck movements. I'm one of those guys who wont stop for directions but I think I'm over myself and need help Thanks in advance

basecircle

Re: HELP

Post by basecircle »

What post processor are you using? And are you running in mm or inch? Basecircle

mikeholland

Post by mikeholland »

Thanks for your responce, Well I dont know what post processor and its inches. But I do remember when I registered a window opened up asking if I wanted to upgrade the firmware when I tried kept saying failed to connect since it was new I figured it was ok I dont know if firmware and post processer are the same but its firmware version 2083 modle 4004

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Ok Mike When you go into Toolpaths. You will see a little disk (to ssave program) look above and it will show post procesor You want cnc shark usb3d contour (inch)(*tap)
try that.if it is not click on post processor and find the one we need.

PeteD

Post by PeteD »

Did you download the post processors from nextwave and insert them as directed so you can get them in v-carve?

mikeholland

Post by mikeholland »

Thank you so much you nailed the problem. when the control panel tab said load g-code i assumed (i know) that the post procecsser was the one called G code
without thoroughly looking through the list. very excited to get started, I'm an old man with a lot to learn and I wont hesitate to ask for help in the future thanks again basecircle. Mike

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Thats Great Mike.I am a Old guy too.Just have fun and if i can help let me know.This is a very good fourm with great people. Basecircle