New router

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jim N

New router

Post by Jim N »

I just replaced my colt router with the DeWalt 610. I like the longer "grab" distance
along the housing. Cut the bracket out of scrap Corian with light sandpaper strips
glued inside and it is VERY solid. Then I stood back, admired my work and tried to
screw on my (colt) precise bit collet AND *no fit* :roll:
bad for me; good for Think & Tinker
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Eagle55

Re: New router

Post by Eagle55 »

Just an opinion from someone who uses a lot of Corian. Nice to cut but not a good choice of material for a project like this. Hope it holds but Corian doesn't have good strength and breaking characteristics for a design such as a clamp. The multiple layers will help a lot but I would still be concerned about breakage even more than the HDP that the original clamp is made out of. Nice work on the project though.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Jim N

Post by Jim N »

Roger
Thanks for reply and I agree that corian may not take much stress. The hole for the
Router is just a tad larger than the router and with the sandpaper, it was a tight fit.
I just had to snug up the tabs and it is solid without having to deform the material and
the vertical bolts lock it in place.
With the original mount, I had to nearly close the gap to get it tight. Time will tell
how it holds up :?
Jim

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Just curious... How do you like the laser you have mounted on the router?

Jim N

Post by Jim N »

image.jpg
I like it. You can jog to where you want to be and be pretty close- close enough for most stuff.
I am going to reposition it closer to router so that lines cross at more of a right angle to give
a more defined "x"