Has anyone replaced their Bosch Colt to Dewalt 611?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

enriquewoodcarver

Has anyone replaced their Bosch Colt to Dewalt 611?

Post by enriquewoodcarver »

A few months ago I had problems with my Bosch Colt, the bearing gave out and broke down from inside so I was looking to buy another Bosch Colt router for my CNC Shark Pro Plus with precision collet but I found out that its not align to the center and that the Dewalt 611 is now what they recommend to be use with their precision collets. So I want to know if anyone has replace their Bosch Colt router to another router and how is it working? Or which one do you guys recommend me? I'll like to hear your opinions or suggestions please, I'll really appreciate. Thank You.
ER

WoodEraser

Re: Has anyone replaced their Bosch Colt to Dewalt 611?

Post by WoodEraser »

I've been using the Dewalt 611 for over a year now without any problems. Using Precise Collete.
It is 1/4 HP more than the Bosh. Also quieter.
You need a different mounting block as diameter is different.
I got one from Dixie Billets.
Eric the "WoodEraser"
Sun City Center, Florida

If today were perfect there would be no need for tomorrow.

enriquewoodcarver

Re: Has anyone replaced their Bosch Colt to Dewalt 611?

Post by enriquewoodcarver »

WoodEraser wrote:I've been using the Dewalt 611 for over a year now without any problems. Using Precise Collete.
It is 1/4 HP more than the Bosh. Also quieter.
You need a different mounting block as diameter is different.
I got one from Dixie Billets.
Thank you Eric I wanted to know others people opinions about the routers but I guess I'll be buying the Dewalt 611. Do you have pictures of your router mounted in your CNC if you don't mind sharing some. I'll really appreciated Thank You.
ER