New Touch plate cable

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

TKWoodCrafts

New Touch plate cable

Post by TKWoodCrafts »

Good morning everyone,

Does anyone know where to purchase a new touch plate cable, besides right from Next Wave?

My cable got broken and can no longer be repaired so I am looking for a replacement cable and I can't get through to Next Wave. I know they are busy because of the holidays so I am looking to see if I can purchase one somewhere else.

Thank you for any help.

Have a nice Christmas

Tim
TK Woodcrafts

meb

Re: New Touch plate cable

Post by meb »

You probably won't find a cable made like this because it is made especially for this application. What do you mean by "can no longer be repaired"? I would call Next Wave again and leave a message about what you need but if you don't want to deal with them here is some information about the cable.

The plugs used to make the cable are 1- 3.5mm stereo plug and 1- banana plug. The wire is a 3 wire cable. The magnet is a rare earth magnet soldiered to a single wire in a holder they cut from the same plastic they use for the machine parts.

Let me double check today and I'll let you know how the wires are attached (I think I remember but want to be sure). I've had to re-soldier one of mine because of cold soldier joints.

Maybe you can find someone to repair yours or make you a new one.

Where do you live?

McBuster

Post by McBuster »

Find a Radio Shack or Best Buy Nerd Squad. This is an easy fix. All you are doing is completing the circuit. Like a light switch performs. One of those fellows can help you. Also, Batteries Plus has some nerds that can do it as well.
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

meb

Post by meb »

The wire from the magnet is attached to the tip and center of the 3.5mm stereo plug.
The banana plug is attached to the last part of the 3.5mm stereo plug.
Attachments
3.5mm plug connections.JPG

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

Tim,
You can buy a replacement cable online through the NWA website. It costs $16 plus shipping.
Here's the link:

http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... ?itemid=82

Regards,
Kevin

TKWoodCrafts

Post by TKWoodCrafts »

Thank you all for the information.
When I looked on Next Wave a couldn't find the touch plate cable. Thanks for the link.

My son is an electrician and he found that somewhere in the twisted wire area a wire must be broke. We cut the wire at the two plug ends and rewired with new wire and we are back running with the touch plate again.

He is working on a way to use the touch plate and rewire the magnet so it is on the router and not with the plate. I don't like that the magnet wire is so short when you are trying to move the plate to all four corners on our big shark. If he comes up with something I'll have to post it.

Have a Merry Christmas

Tim
TK Woodcrafts