how to set the carving debths

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rcasher

how to set the carving debths

Post by rcasher »

i am having one heck of a time setting up the Z axis so it doesn't cut thru the wood and stall the machine. Anyone have some pointers. I am getting very frustrated

SteveM

Re: how to set the carving debths

Post by SteveM »

What machine are you using and what are you trying to cut? What software are you using?
The more info you can provide the more the people on the forum will be able to assist you.
You set the depth of cut with the software you are using. Start with a shallow cut to see how things work and keep increasing the cut depth through the software.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Check out the tutorials http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... _2DTP.html also follow along with all the tutorials for your program. http://support.vectric.com/training-material

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

TAW

Post by TAW »

without knowing all of the info asked for above hard to tell but a few things that got me right away was:
1. make sure you are selecting what you want as far as inches or mm
2. if a v bit make sure your selecting a flat bottom cut depth not the upper part of bit
3. do you have the correct material thickness inputted in the set up screen and starting from the top of material(red dot on hd3 machine software)
4. do you have a decimal in front of your depth- example- .08 not .8
sometimes its the simple things you miss- I have done all of the above at one time or another.
Good luck