Router mount clamp

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jmb21g

Router mount clamp

Post by Jmb21g »

Excusing my ignorance . . . . I have recently taken ownership of a shark pro plus from a friend. The machine is constructed in White High-density plastic. I have noticed that the clamp for the bosch colt router has split from what looks like over-tightening. I am based in the UK and have trawled the web for a replacement mount to no avail. There is a company over here that imports Next Wave products but they said they can not get one as it wasnt worth it for the cost!!! (about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard!).

Could anyone situated in the USA help me with trying to find a replacement or pointers on upgrading the system?? I am new to CNC but the machine works well and I have turned out some nice Oak signs thus far.

Any and all assistance / advice would be greatly appreciated

Kayvon

Re: Router mount clamp

Post by Kayvon »

You have a few options.

1) New Wave sells a new HDPE part if you just want to replace it.
2) You can try milling your own, of course, provided that it's holding in place well enough.
3) Lastly, an individual sells a custom-milled aluminum piece if you don't want to worry about it breaking again, but it costs a little more. I can search the forum for details if that's something you're interested in.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Jmb21g

Post by Jmb21g »

Many thanks gents. I was looking under their accessories area as that showed a photo of the item.

I shall peruse the correct section and hopefully be able to get the parts. Thank you both for getting back to me.

If you need anything from this side of the pond, please let me know.

Jmb21g

Post by Jmb21g »

Wow, just looked on the site and pleased to see that they have the clamp for $ 35.00. Went to check out and the postage wants to charge an additional $ 112.00 for a small piece of plastic!!!

Does anyone know a reseller in the states or any way I can get a reduced postage cost (I am sure when I was in CA id didn't cost much to mail items back to England.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

This post has a .dxf file if you want to make your own or commission one nearby. Probably cheaper than paying shipping. The post also describes how to get the custom aluminum version.

https://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3632

Jim N

Post by Jim N »

You could make your own. I made mine out of scrap Corian. You could probably use plywood or MFB.
Make it as thick as you need to, mine might be a little overkill :roll:
Jim
Attachments
F06E6B49-CDC6-43DF-BCDC-D6DFF187ACB1.jpeg

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

contact Sam at Dixie Billet for an aluminum clamp

nicksilva

Post by nicksilva »

I'm sure there are a LOT of extra plastic router clamps available.
Anyone doing serious work has LOOOONG since switched it out for a metal one.
If you want to pay the postage, I'd happily send you mine which is off a HD4 but I'm
sure they are the same. Replaced with one from
Dixie billet about a month after I got it.