HD4 router start contoller box

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BarberShop

HD4 router start contoller box

Post by BarberShop »

I have been through two controller boxes, both fail to start my Bosh 1617EVS. As suggested by NWA, I plugged in other appliances into the outlet on the controller but no power is outputted. Anyone else experience this and resolved the problem?

sharkcutup

Re: HD4 router start contoller box

Post by sharkcutup »

I know this might sound crazy but did you put the power button in the on position on the router prior to starting the the carving process?

Just because the controller is able to control the router does not mean it will actually provide a direct current path to the router. The router switch will need to be in the on (open) position.

The next thing to check would be: does the g-code actually being produced from V-carve have the code for turning on the router prior to the start of any machine axis movement?

Just some thoughts!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

BarberShop

Post by BarberShop »

Legitimate question SharkCutUp but yes, NWA walked me through several checkpoints and test prior to sending out a new one. One of the checks NWA asked and I did was plugging in a power strip. This too did not work. Now if the controller needs a G code to turn it on, they never asked about this. I'm told that when you press start on the pendant, the power is sent to the auxiliary outlet on the controller.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Now if the controller needs a G code to turn it on, they never asked about this. I'm told that when you press start on the pendant, the power is sent to the auxiliary outlet on the controller.
That could very well be so with your controller and machine version but if I am not mistaken earlier versions there was a code in the G-code for turning on and off the Auxiliary outlet on the controller. I very rarely even mess with the g-code unless I absolutely have too. Maybe someone else out there will chime in with more knowledge on this.

Have you selected the correct post_Processor when saving tool paths in your design software?

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554