Bosch colt changed

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

zanemeis

Bosch colt changed

Post by zanemeis »

I have an original shark, I ordered a colt router from the local lumber yard and it will not fit my machine. I have not measured the housing but it is larger than the original colt.
the new one also has a plastic housing versus the metal on the old one.

tonydude

Re: Bosch colt changed

Post by tonydude »

Contact nextwave and find out if they have a router clamp to fit it. https://www.nextwaveautomation.com/shop/Parts-c31027749

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Bob

Post by Bob »

There are two Colts available. This sounds like the one you need. https://www.rockler.com/bosch-colt-1-hp ... alm-router
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

kerrybills11

Post by kerrybills11 »

tonydude wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:37 pm
Contact nextwave and find out if they have a router clamp to fit it. https://www.nextwaveautomation.com/shop/Parts-c31027749

Tony
Hey buddy, I would say that you can read about more about different clamps before purchasing it. This is what i feels.
I am always conscious about their pros and cons. I saying this because i recently purchased some router clamps for my work. I checked varies forums and articles before buying it. I got recommendation for this article :- CNC router Clamps on 2 forums and i found it quiet relevant for getting knowledge about better clamp.
You can also check different articles before purchasing
Feel free to ask any follow up question

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Kerry, they're talking about router clamps, which secure the router to the machine. The article you referenced talks about workpiece claps, which ensure that your material doesn't slip while machining.

BTW, did you help write the article? It doesn't list the author. The title is a bit clickbaity, but the pictures are great. Good coverage of different types of hold-down clamps.

kerrybills11

Post by kerrybills11 »

Kayvon wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:39 am
Kerry, they're talking about router clamps, which secure the router to the machine. The article you referenced talks about workpiece claps, which ensure that your material doesn't slip while machining.

BTW, did you help write the article? It doesn't list the author. The title is a bit clickbaity, but the pictures are great. Good coverage of different types of hold-down clamps.
Hey Kayvon
thanks for correcting me, Now onwards i will spend more time in reading prob properly before giving any answer. Meanwhile this article is written by one of my friend who is doing woodworker since many year and he has good knowledge in woodworking and CNCs, i am bit new in this field and learn lot from his articles and from these types of quality forums.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

It's a good article. They should credit your friend for his work.