X-Carve Pro model and others

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Eagle55

X-Carve Pro model and others

Post by Eagle55 »

Before someone tries to remind me that this is a forum for the CNC Shark, yes I know... I've been here before. LOL

Has anyone had any experience with the Inventables X-Carve cnc machine. I was just wondering how it compares to the Shark in terms of stability, gantry flex etc, among any other comparisons. Been seriously thinking about a second machine and don't really like the though of another software after 8 years using V-Carve Pro. I almost think that the X-Carve may even be compatible with V-Carve from a youtube comment that I heard. Anyway, would be interested in hearing from anyone with constructive comments.
Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Rando

Re: X-Carve Pro model and others

Post by Rando »

Eagle55:

No worries, we're glad you do CNC, no matter the brand, IMO.

If you look under C:\ProgramData\Vectric\VCarve Pro\V8.5\PostP you should find a long list of post-processors for CNC machines that VCarve can output to. My folder shows over 430 of them, including an entire folder just for ShopBot (not that they are necessarily recommended). If the list you see in Vectric's drop down doesn't show that huge list, then it might be because the ones you're using are in the V8.5/My_PostP folder. When there's anything in that folder, it only shows the ones in there, instead of the entire list. And, of course, if you're using a different version, use that ;)

The Vectric site doesn't seem to have a place to download individual post processors, so maybe what comes with the package are the ones they support, then.

Hope that helps...

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Rando

Re: X-Carve Pro model and others

Post by Rando »

Eagle55:

A little more poking around....found it: Vectric provides their post-processor support in their forums at:

https://forum.vectric.com/viewforum.php ... 4a94de51f8

They will probably have a lot of good information about which machines are supported, and any problems people
might have had with them.

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)