Shark sd110

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Kfosh

Shark sd110

Post by Kfosh »

I got my shark to build things for stroke survivors to finish as wood working projects for a stroke group I volunteer for in trying to cut some little round boxes for them to sand assemble stain and or paint my problem is that I built files set up wood zero prep to run file set high of wood and machine runs past project to the near left corner hard and I half to shout it down as my wife is a stroke suvivor and I’m her care giver I don’t have a lot if time Any ideas please.
Attachments
99948F63-B2BB-437E-9E85-CB971F9AEC8F.jpeg
4E70DAAA-0D7E-4FB4-AD28-6BF93BF4AA51.jpeg
0202F5DC-25AD-4571-A87B-9D1D5496E660.jpeg

Kayvon

Re: Shark sd110

Post by Kayvon »

Wow, that's really hard to read and understand. It looks like maybe you're using voice dictation? If you could add some periods between sentences, it would be so much easier to make sense of.

Do you have a picture of what the machine ended up cutting? Which post processor are you using when you export it? And which machine do you have?

Rando

Post by Rando »

Kfosh wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:19 am
I got my shark to build things for stroke survivors to finish as wood working projects for a stroke group I volunteer for in trying to cut some little round boxes for them to sand assemble stain and or paint my problem is that I built files set up wood zero prep to run file set high of wood and machine runs past project to the near left corner hard and I half to shout it down as my wife is a stroke suvivor and I’m her care giver I don’t have a lot if time Any ideas please.
{This is my translation, some misspelled words changed. Hopefully I captured what you meant, Kfosh}

I got my shark [in order] to build things for stroke survivors, to finish as wood working projects for a stroke group I volunteer for.
In trying to cut some little round boxes for them to sand, assemble, stain and or paint, my problem is this:
I built files [using] set up [as] wood [surface] zero, [then] prep to run file.
[ I ] set [the router XYZ position] high...[above the] wood, and [the] machine runs past [the] project to the near left corner hard [in rapids] and I [have]...to ...[shut] it down.
As my wife is a stroke survivor, and I’m her care giver, I don’t have a lot if time [to work on this project].
Any ideas please.

Kfosh: I don't see anything obvious in the photos you included. When it ran to the lower-left, did it go LOWER than the surface of the material? Or did it stay above it?
Did you change the X0Y0Z0 position so that it is in the middle of your wood? Also, did you use the touch-plate (or other method) to set the bit height? Those two are very
important steps. I only ask because you don't seem to mention that.

I'm confident Kayvon and I can help you through it. When people are new, there's often one step they leave out, and once we figure it out, they are off and running.

Regards,

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Kfosh

Post by Kfosh »

Thanks for fixing my mess. i uploaded 2 of 4 files work is set to center, I have a x in center of 7 1/2 by 10 in I center bit set it as zero set. start to use touchplate. router runs to front and left past work area i half to shut down it keeps trying to go beond table
Thank you all
Attachments
bottem good with path.crv
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
good middle with tool.crv
(297 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Rando

Post by Rando »

I wonder if the pendant's model number is possibly incorrect, and it thinks it's actually a different size of CNC machine?
Check out this article on NWA's web site. Though....it doesn't seem to include an SD110 in the list.

https://nextwaveautomation.zendesk.com/ ... k-machine-

See if maybe it's set to the wrong model.

In the meantime, I'll see if there's anything I can detect wrong with the files. Might take a little while.....

Regards,

Rando

Kfosh

Post by Kfosh »

The lid file is to big to send. im sure it needs some work. I would love to email it to someone here is file for lid, middle, and bottom without toolpath. I have some 1/4 in wood to make something on bottom of the lid as a stop. got to build box first.
Thanks for the Help
also looking for other ideas people with brain trama can build paint stain ect
Attachments
round good start.crv
(25 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Kfosh

Post by Kfosh »

I think it is somthing I’m missing. I have made several projects
Attachments
6DDFCEC7-19AA-4052-B571-CDB8FFE2E7A4.jpeg
E8811090-E258-45BA-92D0-DA79B19A76D6.jpeg
03E854F8-B4EB-4486-B11D-49ADF4CC27F8.jpeg

Kfosh

Post by Kfosh »

Sorry if I’m kinda dumping to much.
Attachments
4FCEC418-9AB0-48D2-B52F-9F0DC144E974.jpeg
56508422-9C98-490C-BD6B-763D39BF720A.jpeg
B1DB6DF5-A0CD-4279-8575-70C80E514930.jpeg

Rando

Post by Rando »

Well, definitely check that the pendant thinks it is on the correct machine. This is apparently a commonly-lost setting in the system, unfortunately.

Kfosh

Post by Kfosh »

Ok machine was correct. Post processor was missing. just a guess it got lost during the last upgrade. Now it is on the proper size. Not running off. Now i tag 6 items that are the same on a page. it only makes 1 round on 1 item then stops. Going to try to find video on getting items together. thank you all