Quartz Regulator Clock

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Shipfitter

Quartz Regulator Clock

Post by Shipfitter »

Converted from scroll saw plans. Had to remove some of the fine pointy detail where the 1/8" endmills
would not get, but still looks great.
All done mostly with 1/16" and 1/8" endmills.
Project is 11 - 1/2" wide by 35 - 1/2" high.
It took about 40 hours to convert plans from scanned images to vectors. That was the hard part.
It took about 2 weeks to run files, take breaks, and change vectors as I went along, including gluing the thing
together. I only changed some small details, and the pendulum opening. Added glue joints to the files.
So , basically everything just fits together.
This clock is for mama, she put her name on this bad boy right from the start. Got to make 3 more for Xmas presents.
This picture is one that I got online, because it looks better than any picture I can take. Only thing
that is different is the brass plate has been removed from the plans, and I have added 4 pieces of detail
work around the clock face that are done with a 1/16" endmill and are painted gold. My clock face is larger than the one shown.
It cuts pretty fast considering that it is all profile work. And all pieces fit great. I love this cnc stuff. Best tool I ever got :)
Cost for materials - Aprox. $320.00
Attachments
Manchester Regulator Clock.jpg

Keith Hodges

Re: Quartz Regulator Clock

Post by Keith Hodges »

Nice clock. I have a mechanical clock works (only) sitting on my entertainment center that I keep wound and working, just waiting for a case. One of these days, way to busy with the other stuff. I've done quite a few cases by hand, but never with my cnc, so should be interesting. This one will be an open pendulum case.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

KarenW

Post by KarenW »

Terrific job!
I totally appreciate the time and thought and work that goes into an original project.
Karen

ohiococonut

Post by ohiococonut »

Nice work. With all of the "stuff" (biting my tongue) we buy from China most people don't appreciate all of the labor involved in making anything anymore.

A grandfather clock is on my "to do" list as well as a roll top desk. One of these days...............

On the back, besides my logo, it will also read "Made in U.S.A"
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."

WoodEraser

Post by WoodEraser »

Very elegant piece.
Detail is fantastic.
Eric the "WoodEraser"
Sun City Center, Florida

If today were perfect there would be no need for tomorrow.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

You get the "WOW factor from me Basecircle

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

That is an excellent piece of work. Lot of detail went into this, keep it up.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

gordread

Post by gordread »

That's fantastic. Great job.