Some recent projects

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mcsteve

Some recent projects

Post by mcsteve »

I figure I should share some of the projects I've done recently.
Attachments
Scrap tree trimming turned into a candy dish. Left it live edge.
Scrap tree trimming turned into a candy dish. Left it live edge.
Vectric Crib Board modified to a Maple leaf top. Used Maple for the base and Black Walnut for the cap.
Vectric Crib Board modified to a Maple leaf top. Used Maple for the base and Black Walnut for the cap.
A chunk of Cherry I found in a fire pile, surfaced it on the Shark and routed out the dead centre. Epoxy finish with whisky barrel staves as legs and created the leg brace from 3/4 birch ply on the Shark.
A chunk of Cherry I found in a fire pile, surfaced it on the Shark and routed out the dead centre. Epoxy finish with whisky barrel staves as legs and created the leg brace from 3/4 birch ply on the Shark.
CNC Shark Pro Plus - 12/2014
VCarve Pro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D
ViaCAD 3D, AutoCAD, Sketchup
BobCAD V28

Kayvon

Re: Some recent projects

Post by Kayvon »

Absolutely beautiful work!

How did you secure the candy bowl while you routed it?

mcsteve

Post by mcsteve »

Rough cut to the desired finish dimension then cut the piece in half on the band saw. While I was there I cut a step in both ends to allow for 2 clamps on each end. With a semi flat surface I used my surfacing bit (1") and leveled what would be the bottom by using the jog function in control panel. Now that I had a flat bottom surface, I flipped it over, clamped on each end and then squared the piece onto the table.

To carve out the dish I used several pocket paths set to various depths (found this was the quickest way to get rid of material) using 0.50 and .25 spiral bits. To finish the inside I used a couple of Fluting tool paths so I wouldn't need to spend so much time sanding.
Bowl - Square - Fluter.bmp
(3.63 MiB) Not downloaded yet
CNC Shark Pro Plus - 12/2014
VCarve Pro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D
ViaCAD 3D, AutoCAD, Sketchup
BobCAD V28

acctek367

Post by acctek367 »

Great design would be a good idea if it was mass produced.