Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Splinters

Next Wave Automation Website

Post by Splinters »

Is anyone else having issues bringing up this webpage? nextwaveautomation.com

tonydude

Re: Next Wave Automation Website

Post by tonydude »

Nope, when you click on it, it takes you to the new website that's all. http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop/

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Splinters

Post by Splinters »

Tks Tony.... it is working for me now... the new update must have slowed things down... Tks for responding... S

Islandwide

Post by Islandwide »

Morning,

I am a newbie to this having just set up the hardware part of the 60th Edition shark. Needed to find on the forum over the weekend other posts with similar issue with control box lights not illuminating as stated in online manual and to proceed. Now I have been able to download the user manual but the link to the 2.05 control panel is not on the website. I emailed tech support last Friday without a response yet. Called today, left a voicemail. I tried the 1.5 or 1.6 versions but no matter how many ways I have tried, the ncPOD driver is not loaded. So the Firmware Updater 2083 gives me Failed to connect ...1.

I am running the programs as the admin, switched out the usb cables, even brought in the wife's new laptop and end up with the same result, Nada!

Anybody have any insight of why the 2.05 control panel is not on the website, obviously the 1.6 isn't working for me?

Lost and looking for answers... Thanks, Kenny

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Before the control panel can find your controller you need to install a USB-Serial driver. Ignore the fact that it says for Windows XP version or earlier.

Look here: http://register.nextwaveautomation.com/

Download and install vcredist_x86.exe

4D

Islandwide

Post by Islandwide »

Thanks for the suggestion 4D,

Yeah, I did that already, plus I followed up with any updates from microsoft.

Does anyone have an opinion on Next Wave Tech personnel returning emails or phone calls?
I find it shocking to not hear back from them at all (unless this is the norm for them).

Thanks again,
any other suggestions are appreciated from the community

Kenny

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Does your controller light up when powered on? If not there is a fuse next to/by the power switch (slide out tray) with a spare in there.
If not the usual culprits are USB ports set to time out when they need to stay on all the time when connected (usually a laptop problem), a bad USB cable, a bad memory card in the controller, possibly a bad internal fuse, the luck of the day (try again tomorrow) or failure to wait for a call back from NextWave support:http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... px?catid=6

I'd use my normal test routines if I was there (involves hitting it with larger and larger hammers) but when all else fails call support.

4D

Islandwide

Post by Islandwide »

Hey 4D,

Yeah, the red and blue are lit up solid but the orange blinks. Checked the fuses the first day, controller powers up, I can hear the power at all the axis controllers. Have tried multiple ports on two different computers and switched cables. I do not think they are the problem. As soon as I plug the usb into any port, the computer recognizes the new hardware but then tells me it needs this ncPOD driver. How do you check the memory card? The internal fuse is good. Thanks for giving me a checklist... keep them coming....

Kenny

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

If it has never connected, then there may be a bad card in the controller or a bad wiring job at the USB plug.

Islandwide

Post by Islandwide »

I read on another post something about flashing the sd card but I have no idea what that means...