Set Up Question from a New User

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

JPaden2200

Set Up Question from a New User

Post by JPaden2200 »

I have just finished setting up my new Shark HD. Trouble is, I cannot get it to work, at all. I created a simple project cutting out panels for a box. When I attempt to send the file to the Shark I get an error that says it cannot open the control panel. If I open the control panel, I get an error that says the file is already in use. So I close all of the programs and open the control panel, open the G Code file and attempt to run it, all that happens is the message at the bottom of the screen reads Open File. If I check the virtual check box and attempt to set the virtual zero, the router pushes down through the touch plate with excessive force causing me to hit the panic button (Emergency Stop) to avoid damaging the machine or the bit. I have set the accesses to 0 as well. What am I doing wrong? I have checked the set up, the SD Card, and the connectors. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jack

I think I understand more of what is wrong now. Vcarve will not open the Control Panel. Any ideas?

Thanks
Jack

Eagle55

Re: Set Up Question from a New User

Post by Eagle55 »

I don't know that I know enough to really make a good diagnosis but it almost sounds to me like you may be using the wrong post processor setting in VCarve that is generating your tap file for the Shark Control Panel to use. (or maybe a driver that wasn't placed in the right place on the computer running VCarve )

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

JPaden2200

Post by JPaden2200 »

I talked with Next Wave (Shark Manufacturer) and found out that there is a software issue on startup. There is a .bat file that needs to be run and for some reason it does not always kick off for the first time. I will run that and see if it fixes the issue. Thanks Roger for replying.

Jack

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Yes Jack, that's a very likely culprit. "Back in the day" as they say, we had to actually copy a file (think it might have been a driver or something) and you could only see the location it needed to go if you were running with administrator authority on the computer. It sounds like they streamlined the install a bit with a bat file, but there again if you don't have admin authority it may not be able to complete the process. Sounds like that may work, let us know if it doesn't and we can try to think a little more. Its interesting how once you get past some of those issues years ago you tend to block out that you ever had any problems at all.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

JPaden2200

Post by JPaden2200 »

Well, it worked for Aspire but not for vcarve, still working on that. Now I am off to attempt to set the virtual zero with the touch plate.

Jack